Pharmacy Technician – Kerins Allcare Pharmacy Dalkey- 36 Hour Contract
Position: Pharmacy Technician Schedule: 36 Hour Contract
Reporting To: Managing Pharmacist Pharmacy: Kerins Allcare Pharmacy Dalkey
Allcare support is a company which specialises in supporting Community Pharmacies to deliver excellent personalised care to their community. The Allcare Pharmacy group is a network of pharmacies throughout Ireland which strive for customer service excellence where staff focus on their core skill of providing expert medical care, advice and value to their patients and customers.
Purpose of Role:
To support the Managing pharmacists in the dispensary in a busy and challenging environment. Working to agreed operating procedures within the pharmacy to maintain the highest ethical standards and deliver excellent customer care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To accurately receive, record and assemble prescriptions, issue the appropriate receipts and inform the Pharmacists of any changes in drug therapy and interactions between prescribed medications.
- To serve customers over the counter medicines and other pharmacy products as required.
- To fulfil the request for specific over the counter medicines appropriately using WWHAM questioning and recommend a suitable medicine referring to the Pharmacist where appropriate.
- To ensure the smooth running of the dispensary, including, maintaining computer records and ensure that the paperwork pertaining to the various schemes is kept up to date and in line with Company procedures.
- To ensure that any errors or safety issues are brought promptly to the attention of the Managing Pharmacist and/or Business Territory Manager.
- To maintain good stock control including; rotation of stock, maintaining appropriate stock levels, using correct suppliers, and ensuring that the delivery details are correct as set down by the managing pharmacist.
- To ensure that the Pharmacy is kept clean and tidy and any Health and Safety issues are brought promptly to the attention of the Pharmacy Manager and or Managing Pharmacist.
- To maintain the standards of organisations and cleanliness with the dispensary as directed by the Managing Pharmacist and in line with Standard Operating Procedures.
- To follow Pharmacy standard operating procedures maintaining consistent professional standards at all times.
- To assist with over the counter sales and other front of counter duties.
- Any other duties as required.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Provide support to other stakeholders within the pharmacy and throughout the Allcare Network to ensure the delivery of company goals.
- This role requires a high level of pro-activity and an ability to work on own initiative.
- Build positive relationships with others in the pharmacy to create a positive working environment.
- Participate in staff training programmes and implementation and be proactive in developing the role function.
- To maintain a good working relationship between colleagues, customers and other healthcare professionals.
- To work effectively as part of the Pharmacy team, being flexible and adaptable assisting in all areas of the pharmacy operation.
We are passionate about exceeding expectations:
- making our community pharmacies the local destination of choice
- Delivering customer service to the highest quality
- To provide advice and information as required to customers on all product ranges available in the Pharmacy.
- To deliver professional and efficient customer service at all times, enhancing the relationship with Pharmacy Customers.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- IPU Pharmacy Technician course or Higher Certificate in Pharmacy Technician Studies.
- 2 years pharmacy experience in a pharmacy technician role is preferable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good attention to detail is essential
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task successfully in a busy and challenging environment.
- Cashier experience an advantage.
- Ability to use discretion when addressing customer queries and to treat customer/patient information with strict confidentiality.
- IT skills would be an advantage.
- Customer Focused – Excellent Interpersonal skills, ensure that every contact is meaningful for the customer
- Innovation Hungry – A creative thinker, an ability to come up with new ideas and make things better
- Ambitious & competitive – Competitor aware with a can do attitude
- One Company, Local Roots – Seek out opportunities to adopt best practice & adapt within your pharmacy
- Speed – Solutions focused, enjoys working in a fast paced and challenging work environment
- Trust – We are reliable and transparent to deal with. We deliver for others and trust others to do likewise. We are looking for a committed, honest and open person.